Friday, July 29, 2016

Welcome to 4th Grade!

Hello Parents!

Welcome to 4th Grade! A little about me....This will be my 11th year teaching, and my 4th year at ACS.  I have taught 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grades.  I love elementary school and have a passion for teaching reading!  I am a graduate of Saint Mary's College in Notre Dame, Indiana and received my Master's Degree in Language and Literacy at ASU.  I am married to a high school educator and we have two children; Charlie (3 1/2) and Emma (2).

I look forward to meeting many of you at Open House, where you will drop off your supplies and receive an informational brochure.  If you are unable to make Open House, please send your supplies with your child on the first day of school.  Please accompany your child to the classroom during Open House!

We will have a Curriculum Night on August 17th, where I will present the curriculum covered during the year, as well as discuss procedures and expectations.

Having your child attend class in the "Upper Hall" can be nerve-wracking, but rest assured, they will transition wonderfully!  Drop off by vehicle is in front of the lunch ramada.  There will be a staff member outside to greet the kids.  If you choose to walk your child to the door, please do so, but they are expected to unpack their own things.  Students will unpack at their lockers, drop some items in the room, and quietly socialize in the hall until prayer.  The Upper Hall meets PROMPTLY at 8 (the doors will close) to start our prayer.  This is one of my favorite parts of the day!  4-8th grade share morning prayer together and it's a great way to start our day.  Pick up is to the side of the lunch ramada, near the parking lot (you probably saw us last year ;)).  This enables each teacher to watch their students enter their drive-through vehicles and dismiss parent pick up students.  4th Grade will stand together for pick up and I need to see the person picking the child up before I will dismiss them.  I will NOT dismiss 4th graders to older siblings if a parent isn't there.  We will send students to After-Care around 3:10, or once the drive through line of cars is empty.

The best way to get ahold of me is via email- kkasper@acsphx.org.  I update this blog 4 times per week.  I post a narrative of our day and often include pictures.  I update the class webpage on the ACS website monthly.  Students will write their homework in their planners.  I don't require a parent signature nightly, but I recommend you check the planner nightly.

We do have lockers in the 4th grade.  The lockers are small and are meant to hold backpacks and lunch boxes.  We do not decorate lockers.  Please note, rolling back packs don't fit in the lockers.  While middle school travels with many of their texts and notebooks on a daily basis, we will only carry large text books home occasionally.

I can't wait to start the year with your wonderful children.  I was lucky enough that Mrs. Goldberg invited last year's class to do some work with your students, so I was able to meet them and get to know some of them :)  Please email me any questions you may have and I look forward to meeting you all at Open house!

See you soon!  Love- Mrs. Kasper    


No comments:

Post a Comment