Thursday, August 11, 2016

I'm happy to report that we had 100% homework completion today!  Awesome start to the year!  I graded the homework and handed it back so that I could explain my grading to the kids. I write the number correct over the total number.  Many of the kids missed a step in the directions on their homework, so they missed half the points!  I graded last night's homework, however, it doesn't affect their report card grade.  

We had another busy day today!  We completed some beginning of the year assessments throughout the morning and early afternoon. We read Because of Winn Dixie together and completed the plot chart graphic organizer together.  The kids did great picking the most important parts of the story to include on out plot chart!  

We had a little fun using Rice Chex to create images that all had an area of 20 square units.  It was cute to see all the designs the kids came up with!

We ended our day with a skit in the church about how to behave during mass.  The student council is always so great at showing us what to do and what not to do! The kids get a real kick out of them :)

No homework tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment