Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Happy Wednesday! We took the math DIBELS test this morning.  There is a computation and concepts assessment.  The kids have 6 minutes to complete.  The computation scores are averaged for their final.  Mrs. Redendo will tabulate the scores and communicate them to me when completed.  I will use this information to guide my teaching and planning as our trimester goes on.  Tonight's homework is a review page from the practice book.

We had our first day with language arts centers today.  The kids did GREAT!  Our centers consisted of prefix work, idiom practice, independent seat work, and comprehension practice.  Usually I will have a group that I work with as well, but for our first time I left myself available for questions.  We got through 2 rotations and will complete the work tomorrow.

We finally got to reading our science reader for our PBL (project based learning) activity!  We will learn about membranes and how important they are to frogs!

We ended our day with some social studies reading and vocabulary practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment