Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Today's report card day!!! woohoo!!!!  I did show the children their grades before they left today.  I also reminded them that as their teacher I'm not looking for perfection, but growth.   We talked about the difference between a grade due to lack of quality work and a grade due to not understanding or struggling with something.  I'm very pleased with how this year has started and can't wait to see where 2nd trimester takes us!

No homework tonight.  We worked on unit 2 language arts test today, math practice, and making an electromagnet.

Parents of girls- I had a talk with our girls about how we treat our friends, especially the things we say to them.  We had a really great chat and the girls were really receptive, so feel free to follow up with them about it tonight if you wish!

Field Trip- I thought I posted some pictures yesterday, but they don't seem to have made it!  We had an amazing time on the trip. It's a long day, but a great one.  Thank you to everyone who volunteered and made sure their children were in the right clothes with a sack lunch!  I have received pictures from some of the chaperones, so I'll try to get a bunch out via email soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment